Sunday, August 16, 2009

Classmates- A pride or a prejudice??

Today while watching Classmates for the umpteenth occasion,I suddenly goosebumped into a short trip through old memory lanes. Those old dilapidated corridors, mistic canteen, the benches, our Joggers Park, our I.T lab, our ‘Wembly’ playground – a flashback of the good old days. Vivid images of Gokulz making an uproar at d backbenches, playing cards, launghing, joking, passing comments, mocking gals, throwing rockets n papper chits- all seemed as if it happened just yesterday only.

College was a rollicking 4*365 days saga adorned by assignments,series,Xams,supplys,critis,fests,sports,lectures,seminars,fights,strikes. The south pole comprising local stubborn orthodox mallus were the studious,no-nonsensical bhujji lot. Unka funda- Colg aao, padayi karo aur wapas ghar jao. The north ploe(including non resident keralites like us) were freaky jerks exploring options to revel in the limelight&enjoy the hour & the occasion amidst all the academic hoopla. Keeping ‘thund’& passing papers amongst us, turned writing exams into a mockery. V lived a life of desperados.I still remember d day wen my university paper was caught in d hands of Yashwant Sahaiji. A chill of desperation ran through my spine.Being in the gud books of that teacher rescued my precious 4 sheets of paper.Athode sahaiji cheating nirthi.pavam payanz. Another reminiscent scene was me passing back Meenas series paper back to her only to find it fall straight at the legs of the invigilator. Shit how could that lady not notice it. He he. It was classical exam writing amalgamated with blasemphous fairplay & malpractices. Love- another striking feature of colg. True ‘lub’ was to b found only among Yash-Nitya& Manish-Merin. Sadly as predicted by Meenz the former duos immaturish extrovertic antics fail to keep d momentum going. Nakki bros was a revelation. A fairytale of multiple proposals, sequences of No,Na,No den finally culminating in2 a Yes rewriting textbk lub-shub scripts. Just wishing dem all d luck for d future.

Besides you could c ‘crushes’,’flings’,’infatuation’,’soft-corners’ all around. An idle human mind is a devils workshop. Kambhakt ishq cheez hee aisi hai dat even eyes cant cheat. The affinity for Kozhi twds Shilpa, Sanal twds Sunita, Ct twds Devilz, Jaggu twds Anj-eli, Dipu twds meenz, Criti twds Saghav were all so visible. Even our lateral entry chettan’s were also in the race if my sources r to b believed. Those masquerading eyes also included mine twds Aparna. Have to admit that but lasting till s4. Then d Gen. Secrty post, class representative post,85% in s5,3 jobs changed my bioscope till I befriended this gal in my final year. Jaanne ka aur pehchanne ka waqt hee nahi mila. Kaash who meri classmate hoti rather than those dumbo gals who had no inkling of living life n appreciating things maturedly. Amidst all this some even contrived to be masters in this art. Bhola Anand had those simple eyes tha were so deceivable but like even they say in MARS, sumthg sumwhr he too was like us. Also I wished had Shilpa stopped lying to me on innumerous occasions wrt her current status. Knowing this ‘lissom lass’ so well back d back of my hand, I alwys knew she was in luv. In colg v had to swallow n digest so many secrets that I grew white hairs.Yup promises r meant to b kept.

Post colg life, I just wish I had been less itzy-bitzy n fussy over petty issues.Chey. looking back over closeness to some gals & ignoring the rest makes me feel odd. Hadn’t I beens so, today these 2 wouldn’t hav been slowly fading away 4m my minds for reasons known to dem n unknown 2 me only 2 c new durable entrants in Anjali,Sandhya& Rohini to pop in. Yep that was past, today is present& tomorrow is the future. Just wishing fella Gokulites alwys remain d same. The final startling truth- anna cheytha pala karyangilum chilara-chilara mandatharangalum inna pottichirikyanum aaswadikyanum verum uru ormakal mathram.

Signing off- yrs Vishku.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Then d Gen. Secrty post, class representative post,85% in s5,3 jobs changed my bioscope till I befriended this gal in my final year." enittum aval veenillelloda..lolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. " anna cheytha pala karyangilum chilara-chilara mandatharangalum inna pottichirikyanum aaswadikyanum verum uru ormakal mathram." Oxford Enlish-Mallu dictionary mil gaya kya ?? Itne bhaari bharkam shabd, aapne kahan se jhaapa ??

    Anyways, gr8 entry Chinjuji...

    Rock On....

    ReplyDelete