Thursday, October 22, 2009

Exodus from Cal- a footnote

Another few momentous months have passed away…It was a journey through my 24th year, a month well spent off working hard at the gym, celebrating Durga pujas after a long gap, finally getting my joining mail from Wipro, the buildup to my exodus from Cal etc..

In chronological fashion-after resigning from BNKe I finally put on my thinking caps and contemplated to hit the gym. Body Shapers Gym, Manton was a blessing in disguise. My trainer Kanchan Da happens to b one of the most helpful n caring person around. Folks it was an excellent time at the gym&the bottom-line was that I finally somewhat achieved in losing 1.5 kgs in 25 dys…not a
big achievement I presume. But the effort involved was really exciting. Working out is just loads of fun & I got to meet some strange characters there.

Then came my b’day & Pujas coinciding with each other. My heart-felt thanks to Simi, Gillian, Suraj, Pooja, Geethu, Babu, Sandhya, Yash, Udit & my bro for remembering me on my B’day & making sure that the calls started pouring right from the midnight. Thanks a lot guyz. It was the day of Navami too. Finally me,Babu&Sanu decided to check out for pandal-hopping purposes. It was strange meeting Sanu aftr a gap of 5 years. An un-opportunistic rain did try to play the spoilsport did try to ruin the party but alls well dat ends well. We somehow managed to watch some good pandals n worshipped Ma Durga. Reminiscing the days from our childhood we also made it a point to visit a mela and get into the Giant-Wheel. Like young kids Babu could be seen shouting n howling all-along. The rest of plans for pujas were ruined by Cherry’s famous dhoke-baazi.

Then came my joining mail from Wipro. Yipee!!! Back to Bangalore. My prayers were heard. Its g8t to b back der. Another chance to meet up with Margarat, Abhi, Carolyne di, Pooja & my school buddies. Guyz Astala Vista, im back. A new innings is on the threshold & I sincerely hope its on the better side. The last few days hre in Cal have been very eventful. Had to vist all uncles-aunties, infrm them about my exodus, hella lot of shopping etc.etc. After 5 years I also met Subhasis. Dude hes a changed a lot. Another very strange incident was meeting up Simi at CCD, Park Street. After years of keeping contact via the virtual world of chatting n scraps, I finally met her. She comes across to be one of those diminutive, vivacious & extrovert characters who happens to think out of the box unlike normal Mallu gals. A welcome change is well appreciated. Also dis gave me opportunity to revisit Park Street after so many years. I made it appoint to visit Music World n listen through the latest songs.

So “Here I am, this is me
Theres no where else on earth I rather be,
Oh ho, here I am
just me & u,
2nit we make our dreams come true,
It’s a new world”

My favourite song from Bryan Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment